Ta-da! Authors have been revealed for the remix fics. Now go and reply and pimp to your hearts' content.
I would like to thank everyone for participating, and I would especially like to thank my fabulous pinch-hitters: osmalic
, and rivers_bend
. You guys are superstars.
There are likely to be mistakes, so please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions or complaints or whathaveyou, I am all ears.
See you all again next year!
FICS ARE UP!
HUZZAH! Special special thanks to the pinch hitters - who shall remaining anonymous for now - for busting tail for me. Go, read, enjoy, leave feedback!
Okay, deadline is past and gone. I've replied to everyone who sent their fics in, so if you did and you haven't received a reply from me acknowledging that I got it, LET ME KNOW ASAP. I'm about to send out pinch-hit assignments, and if your story somehow got lost along the way, then that's a little less worry for me.
PINCH HITTERS - please e-mail me back to let me know if you can finish the story in the allotted time.
Due to personal circumstances, I didn't get a chance to put up the one-day warning for the deadline, so I'm going to extend it to tomorrow, Oct. 4th, 11:59 pm ET. I'm sorry for not doing this sooner.
REMINDER: Stories are due this Friday, October 3, at 11:59 PM EDT. If you don't think you're going to make it, LET ME KNOW NOW. As stated in the sign-up post, I am taking a cue from yuletide
and extensions will NOT be granted. If your fic is not in, it will be assigned to a pinch hitter.
Speaking of, volunteers for pinch hitting! Please comment if you will DEFINITELY be able to bust out a story this weekend. Make sure to say if you are gen-only or if you are willing to remix a Wincest fic.
For those looking to turn stories in, here's what you need to do:
1. Email finished stories to me (squickgrrl at yahoo) as an attachment - stories pasted into emails sometimes have problems with wrapping, and I end up having to correct them line by line. Be sure to put 'SPN Remix' in the subject line of the email - if I get emails with attachments and I don't know what it's for, I delete the emails without opening them. DON'T MAKE ME DELETE YOUR EMAIL. That's just sadcakes for everyone involved.
2. FICS MUST BE PLAIN TEXT FILES. That is, when you save the file, the extension should be .txt. Not .doc, or .rtf. Also, please be sure to turn off smart quotes.
3. When saving your fic, please use your livejournal username for the file name.
4. Other than simple formatting such as italics and bold, please do not format your fics, not unless you contact me first about it. If I see DIV tags or whathaveyou, I'm just going to strip them out, so save the both of us the trouble and not put them in.
5. Along those lines, if you use any sort of marking for any sort of divisional breaks, please use <center>xxxxxxxxxx</center>.
6. When sending your fic, please also give me the following information:
<b>Remix Author:</b> (lj username)
<b>Original Story:</b> <a href="original story link">TITLE</a>
<b>Original Author:</b> (lj username)
<b>Pairings:</b> (if any)
<b>Warnings:</b> (if any)
Do not include author's notes because I won't post them with the story.
7. If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to ask.
Okay, everyone should have their assignments shortly. Please double-check that all the names match and that you're okay with your assignment. If not, please contact me ASAP so I can take care of it for you. And remember - keep your assignments a secret! Half the fun is trying to guess who wrote what at the end. Any other questions, please do not hesitate to email or comment - comments to this post are screened.
Please read over the FAQ below before signing up. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Sign-up is open until 11:59 PM EDT August 16 and assignments will be handed out the following Monday. Please remember to keep your assignment a secret! Babbling about it on your lj is okay as long as you don't give away too much about whom you have.
Website: DO NOT CODE. GIVE ME JUST THE URL.
Stories that were part of Remix before (whether a remix or one that was remixed):
Wincest?( FAQCollapse )
Last post until I'm crazy enough to do this again next year! All of the remixes have been posted and all of the author names are up. It is inevitable that I got someone's name wrong, so just smack me upside the head and tell me to fix it. \m/
We have two more stories being written by awesome awesome pinch-hitters, and I believe once they are posted, everyone will have their stories posted. I'll do an authors reveal probably on Monday when I return from Wincon (WINCON! YAY!). I just wanted to thank all of the remixers again for participating, and special thanks to all of the pinch-hitters for stepping in. You guys rock.
The Remix fics I've received so far have all been posted to spnremixfics
I am still waiting on FIVE people - if I don't have your fics by Sunday night (except for the one who said she would get hers to me on Monday), I am marking you as dropout.